Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Day 8: Europe Trip: Last Full Day in Prague, Wa!


This morning I said goodbye to my three roommates since they had to go back to the UK to finish their semester final exams. I will miss them!
After getting myself ready, I took the metro to the National Museum where I met with a group for the “Ultimate Prague Tour.” The tour was awesome! We visited all the major parts of Prague and got loads of information from our tour guide. The tour also included a boat ride along the Vltava River and lunch at a beautiful restaurant. I finally got a chance to try the Beef Goulash and it was delicious! I also met a few awesome people on the tour. I met a couple from New York City and two girls from Australia. After the tour, we exchanged emails and hopefully will keep in touch.
I finished my day by going to the top of the clock tower to take pictures of the Old Town Square and doing some last minute shopping. Tomorrow I fly to Budapest. Awww, I’m going to miss Prague! I have completely fallen in love with this city and hope I can return very soon.

Here are a few tips for those who want to visit Prague:
1. Watch your step! There’s dog poop everywhere so be careful and look where you’re stepping.
2. Use public transportation! Try to avoid taxis because they’re way over priced. Prague has excellent public transportation so don’t be afraid to use it.
3. Wake up early! The best pictures I got in Prague were taken early in the morning (8-10am). Prague is always busy so try to avoid having tons of people in your pictures by going to the sites nice and early. And,
4. Take tours! Getting an inside view of the country from a local guide is a great idea. I learned stuff about Prague that you would never find in guide books.