Sunday, December 23, 2007

Day 5: Europe Trip: Ass on the Train



So today was my first bad experience on this trip so far. Well, it wasn’t all bad, in fact it was kind of funny, just not for the other person. Let me explain:
I was up early and made in to the train station in time to have some breakfast and relax a little bit. The train was running a little late so when it got there, everyone rushed in at once. I knew that I was sitting in seat #75 so as soon as I saw it, I jumped right in. Getting to our seats was a nightmare because the train was all compartments on one side with a small isle on the other. People were shoving and pushing just to get by. I got settled, and a nice little lady helped me put my bag on the overhead compartment. Then 5 minutes later a man with his wife and kid came screaming in my compartment. He looked at me and pointed to three seats and yelled “reserved” and pointed to himself. The ladies in the compartment stood up and I think they told him to calm down…it was all in German so I’m not sure what their exact words were. The guy kept screaming so I busted out my ticket. The nice ladies in the compartment looked at it and one of them explained to me that I needed to go two train cars down and I would find my #75. Ugh! I tried to apologize to the screaming guy but he wouldn’t even look at me. He went for my bags and took them out of the overhead compartment. “What an ASS”, I was thought to myself. The ladies got pissed and started screaming at him LOL. I finally just left and let them battle it out. I’m sure they’re giving the guy a real hard time right now. Ha-Ha, he has to sit in a compartment with 3 older ladies that hate him already. I kina laughed about it on my way out. I finally found my seat and now I get to relax while we make our way to Prague. I’m excited!