Saturday, December 22, 2007

Day 4: Europe Trip: Made it to Berlin



Today I had to get up super early in order to catch the train to Berlin, Germany. I was up by 4:20am and was on the train around 6:48am. We had to wait in line to make sure that I would still be able to ride the train even though my reservations were for 2 days ago. The guy at the counter said I would be able to sit in any seat that was empty so that’s what I did. It was super cold outside and everything was covered in snow on the ride over. Lucky for me, the train was warm and very comfortable. It wasn’t long before I found out how important reservations are! I was kicked out of my seat several times within the first 2 hours and I finally just got up, and made my way to cart 11 where I could get something to eat. After munching on a Snickers, I settled down in the bike area where I could plug in my laptop and just relax and enjoy the snowy scenery. A girl with a kitty came to sit next to me and the next few hours several kids came up to her to pet the kitty that sat quietly on her lap. I arrived in Berlin before 1:30 pm and got to my hostel in no time. I am feeling tired and I think I will turn in early today since it will be getting dark out soon. Thank you Continental for screwing up my chance to see beautiful Berlin! Tomorrow morning I will be taking a very early train ride to Prague…I can’t wait!