Saturday, December 29, 2007

Day 11: Europe Trip: Budapest & Szentendre


I did a lot on my last day in Budapest! I was up early and got picked up for my tour to Szentendre. The town of Szentendre is an artist town. Our tour included an awesome trip through a diamond manufacturer, a full tour of the town, and a nice coffee break. Our tour guide, George, was pretty awesome. While on the tour I met a sweet Italian couple from Naples (Gianfranco & Liliana). They ended up inviting me to visit their home in Naples where Liliana is going to teach me how to cook real Italian food. YUMMY!!
I also ended up buying a Russian type hat while on my tour today. WooHoo! I have wanted one of these for years. It is made out of muskrat and it kept by head super nice and warm. I needed something real warm because it was very cold today and snowing most of the time.
After the tour I spent 4 hours exploring the rest of the city. I covered a lot of ground by taking public transportation everywhere. Just like Prague, Budapest has an awesome public transportation system. I wish I had more time to explore Budapest, but I think I got a pretty good idea of the city. Tomorrow I fly to Eindhoven, The Netherlands to meet Marco and Skip. Goodbye Budapest, you’re beautiful! A special thanks to Maria and Istvan for allowing me to stay in their home. I had a lovely time here!