Monday, December 24, 2007

Day 6: Europe Trip: I <3 Prague



The more time I spend in Prague, the more I love this city!
I got an early start this morning. I was up by 7am and out the door by 8am. I spent the entire day exploring the old town square, the little quarter, and the castle quarter. I’m glad I got up early because I was able to take some spectacular pictures without the crowds getting in the way. By the time I made my way back from the castle quarter, the city was packed with tourists. I thought maybe the city might stay calm considering its Christmas Eve, it’s about -5 degrees, and shops are closing early…but NOPE, the city was packed with tourists! I guess Prague is in season year around. I could see why, this city is amazing! I think this is by far one of the nicest cities in Europe. The people are generally friendly, most speak English, their food is yummy, and the views are beautiful.
The hostel situation turned out good. Thank goodness! I’m sharing a room with three international students who are studying in the UK but are originally from Malaysia. We had a nice time talking last night, and sharing travel stories. They even gave me a few tips for my stay in Budapest. I’m glad I won’t be spending Christmas in a room alone. I really like the hostel (Old Prague Hostel) I choose to stay at. It’s very close to the city, it’s nice and quiet, it’s clean, you get free breakfast, the staff is super helpful, and they have wireless internet throughout the building. Yay hostels!