Sunday, January 20, 2008

Urgent Care & Matress Shopping


Thank god I finally got myself to Urgent Care. After getting a cold in Holland I returned to the US and developed a sinus infection. I was hoping it would clear up on its own but after two solid weeks of sinus headaches, I finally decided to go to Urgent Care.Boy am I glad I did. I normally hate dealing with Urgent Care clinics but this time the experience was totally different. I was in and out in under an hour AND I saw an awesome doctor, which normally NEVER happens. On my way back to the car I saw this unopened cereal box sitting on a bench by itself. LoL! I love finding random stuff like that, ‘cause it gives me the opportunity to come up with my own explanation of what happened. Here’s my story:

Kid had to see the doctor but was screaming and crying on his way into the building. Mom pulls out a box of cereal to calm the kid down. Kid hates the type of cereal mom brought for him/her so he/she leaves it on the bench unopened. Cereal box is left abandoned in front of the medical building. The End.

Marco and I went back to the new place to drop off more stuff and visit a mattress place our landlords suggested. It was a little far (Anaheim) but worth the drive. Custom Comforts turned out to be the best mattress place we have been to. We have looked at so many places already, so it was nice to go to a place where they didn’t use the car salesman method. From the moment we walked it, they were nice, informative and we even got a private tour of their mattress factory. Yes, they make their mattresses at that location.

Long story shot, we bought an awesome mattress for less than what we would have paid at the other stores. Thanks for the tip Susana and Chris!