Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Day 16: Europe Trip: Got Sick

So it finally happened; I got sick. Ugh! I usually get sick while on vacation so I guess I was expecting it. I’m just glad it happened while I was in Holland and not while touring Europe. Although I felt like just sleeping all day, we had a ton of things to do so I had to get up and get going. Wa!

We first went shopping for the groceries we want to take back to the US and then, stopped by the bank to take care of some business. We also stopped by the Trekpleister to visit Marco’s sister at work.

After shopping, Marco’s mom was sweet enough to make us some yummy tomato soup for starters and then some endive with potatoes and meatballs…omg it was so yummy! After a fabulous lunch, we picked Skip up and did some more shopping in Rotterdam. We ended up buying a few more things we need to take back to the US.
And because we were in the neighborhood, we visited Marco’s brother and checked out the new boat he’s building.

Later, for dinner, we stopped by the supermarket and cooked a nice little dinner at Skip’s.
I hope this cold is gone by tomorrow because we have 2 busy days ahead of us.