Sunday, November 04, 2007

Day 3: Dallas TX at last



Today was a very long day. We were up before 4 am and out the door by 5:30. After a very long and exhausting drive, we arrived to Dallas and checked into my folk’s temp apartment. My uncle, who also lives near Dallas, was already there ready to help. Between 6 of us we were done unloading everything out of the moving truck in a few hours. Tonight my parents are having dinner with my uncle and Marco and I are going to get some rest and explore the city a little more.
Here are my first impressions of Texans:
-The residents are SUPER proud of their state and show it by marking almost everything with a star, the state image, or the name of the state.
-People here are much friendlier drivers than those in L.A.
-People here are less health conscious than people in L.A.
-Some small town folks have not gotten the news that the 80s are over ‘cause they’re still sporting the huge AquaNet hair look. And,
-People here are much more religious than those in L.A., which still puzzles me because they don’t have a problem with carrying guns around. Huh.