Saturday, June 03, 2006

Ghetto Fry's


I visited the new Fry's Electronics in Oxnard today with Marco. My first impression of the place was: "Nice!"... Unfortunately that quickly changed.

1. My first negative thought of the place came when we walked up to the Customer Service counter. I got confused and wasn't sure where to stand since all counters had computers on both sides of the small desks. It just wasn't clearly marked where the customer stands and where the employee stands.

2. Then once on the main floor of the store, a million lights shone down on the place making it brighter than staring directly into the sun! It was so bright; I had to wear my sunglasses 'cause I got a headache in the first few minutes I was there.

3. Lastly, we decided to get a quick bite to eat at the fancy little bistro located inside the store and were driven away by the foul language we heard from the employees. A group of young employees were standing around laughing and messing around when the word "Bitch" echoed throughout the entire place. Now that's just straight out ghetto-ness!

Needless to say, even though the place tries to look fancy and high class, I found it to be extremely ghetto and poorly designed!